Thursday, January 8, 2009

Starting Out...


Growing up in Guadeloupe means that I've always been surrounded by green things, big and small. Over the years I've been both a witness and active participant in growing stuff in our fertile land. A passion that carried on in London where despite just having a balcony(good size though) I was able to grow herbs, fruit and vegs for around seven years.
Now that I'm back home with a piece of land dad gave me, I moved to another level as you can see on the picture here. By the way it's not me on the tractor ploughing but it's the piece of land where you will find sweet potatoes, carrots, lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, melon, water melon, spring onions, parsley, sweetcorn and much more to come.
On this blog, I will let you know when I plant seeds, how things are growing and when I harvest and enjoy them with the family. So stay tuned and find out more about gardening and how rewarding it can be (I will mention the hard work on another entry)!

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogosphere! I am sure that this will be a very helpful record in your gardening life...

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a woman with a slightly larger than a balcony patio I covet your land... and sunshine but not the hard work :)

    Welcome to blogging land!

    ReplyDelete